Once you colour your hair, the colour will last for a few weeks depending on your hair growth. Once new hair grows you will need to do root touch ups so as to make sure that the colour is even throughout your hair. Hair is known to grow at an average rate of 1 cm per month, so the visible roots will need to be coloured, so as to match the rest of the hair.
Thus for coloured hair you may need to do root touch ups so as to make sure the colour is even. Don’t worry, read this article and know exactly how.
Things you will need
- An easy to use home hair colour (Colourant + Developer)
- A mixing bowl and brush
- A towel
- Conditioner (Most hair colours often include a conditioner packet too)
Root touch ups at the salon can be extremely expensive, thus it is advisable to do so at home with these simple steps.
The steps are as follows:
1. If you are using Godrej Expert Rich Crème take equal quantities of the colourant and developer from the pack
2. Make sure to take these in small quantities since its only for root touch ups
3. Mix these well in a bowl with a mixing brush. Wear gloves while you do so as to prevent your hands from getting dirty
4. Once you have mixed these well, apply the mixture on the portion that requires to be touched up
5. You could make several partitions of your hair and separately colour each part to ensure you don’t leave any of it out
6. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water
7. Gently massage some conditioner into the lengths and ends of rinsed moist hair. Leave this on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water
Voila! It is really that simple to do your root touch ups!
#ExpertTip Godrej Expert Rich Crème hair colour is available in a Multi-Application pack! You can now colour multiple times with just a single pack and also save it to do root touch ups later! Isn’t that amazing?
What’s more? It even includes a colour protect conditioner for your hair.